Benefits for Investors & Advisors
ImpactBase enables investors and investment advisors to search for impact investing funds and products, and access information profiles that include financial (e.g., fundraising status, target IRR) and non-financial summaries (e.g., social and environmental impact goals).
Key Benefits for Investors and Advisors include:
- Comprehensive dataset of impact investment funds and products across asset classes, geographies, and social and environmental impact goals
- Database management and profile curation provided by the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) - a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing
- Comprehensive fund and product profiles that include key attributes, such as investment asset classes, geographic focus, fund impact objectives, investment style/stage, fundraising status, committed capital, minimum investment size, and more
- Powerful search functionality
- Reduced search costs, freeing up time for investment teams to focus on due diligence, critical investment judgments, and portfolio management
- Enables advisors – wealth managers, private bankers, etc. – to meet the growing client demand for impact investments
- Ability to bookmark/save funds to track fund updates
Accredited investors can now subscribe to the database. Get started by creating an account: https://www.impactbase.org/user/register
FAQs for Investors & Advisors
1. What does it cost to access to ImpactBase?
Impactbase is currently offered for free by the GIIN for all eligible subscribers.
2. Why is ImpactBase open only to accredited investors?
The Global Impact Investing Network, which manages ImpactBase, requires all prospective users to complete an accredited investor questionnaire and create a password protected account. The GIIN believes these restrictions are consistent with existing publicly-available SEC guidance.
The GIIN will periodically release reports based on the data in ImpactBase to show industry trends in aggregate. These reports will be accessible to a broader audience.
3. How often are ImpactBase fund profiles updated?
ImpactBase was first opened to fund managers in Q4 of 2010. In February 2011, when ImpactBase opened to subscribers, more than 60 fund managers had created profiles on the platform. New funds are added daily and profiled funds routinely update their profiles with new information about their investment activity.